View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 11:26 PM
Spartacus

Hi Chris,
Yes the hub is a standard 5 port USB3 powered hub that is fixed inside so that 3 ports are accessible from the outside. This is powered by using a step down module from the 12 volt internal power to 5v dc. One internal port goes to the Odroid and another to the motor focuser. The dew controller is pretty autonomous. I set it up with blue tooth via a lap top at the start of the evening and don't touch it again. I use an on-circuit board temperature control circuit which you can set through the bluetooth of the dew controller to keep the temp down in the case as the Odroid can produce a fair amount of heat. The thing on the top is a large fan blowing though ventilation holes in the case and the air flows out through the side vents and under neath. As the cooling is thermostatically controlled it keeps everything nice and cool.
Its really handy have a few 12volt DC outlets for accessories like cooled cameras and flat light boxes as well as the mount. I tried to plan the inside cabling to make it really neat even then I nearly ran out of space and it still looks like a birds nest!
Mike