View Single Post
Old 08-04-2020, 11:48 AM
Startrek (Martin)

Stephen
Just enquiring whether you have used the new Stellarium 0.19.3 and eqmod to navigate across the night sky yet ?
A quick question - with the new Stellarium version , how do you launch the Ascom telescope chooser ?
I normally open Stellarium Scope and press the button “ select mount” and the Ascom telescope chooser box pops up , then I select “EQMOD HEQ5/6 and this launches the EQMOD Ascom Set Up window ( which all fields are preset for my location )
From there I switch the mount on , press the binocular icon and the port is found ( scope now connected to laptop ) , then press ok. Then press OK on the Ascom telescope chooser and the EQMOD control panel is launched ready for Goto
Stellarium Scope is left open but minimised, and now the Goto and Sync commands of StellariumScope are preset on the keyboard Cntrl 1 Slew, Cntrl 3 Sync and Cntrl 5 Cancel ready for use.
I have 2 Skywatcher EQ6-R mounts , a 2 year old mount at my weekender and a new one in Sydney which has the latest new USB port on the mount. Skywatcher are not very descriptive about how to use or connect this new USB port . I’m assuming it just replaces my existing EQ serial USB cable ( USB2EQ5 ) from laptop to the hand controller port on the mount.

I’m still keen on knowing about the sync command of Stellarium 0.19.3 as that’s how I navigate and find objects very accurately through eqmod ( I don’t plate solve )

I think most EQMOD, StellariumScope and Stellarium users are a bit nervous about the future reliability of StellariumScope !!!

Cheers
Martin