View Single Post
Old 22-11-2011, 07:35 PM
bmitchell82 (Brendan)
Newtonian power! Love it!

The biggest concern/worry that i have with converting to full EQdir is that my little eeepc sometimes has a bit of a issue of BSD at about 3am..... So if your imaging and you get it the link is lost with the mount, the mount powers down game over. you have to repark your scope manually, which means you have to get your sky model sorted again and its a bit whoooharrr.

On the other side of the coin, if you have the mount hand paddle in the link, it is the one keeping the mount active, although it does not interfear with any commands it still is sitting as a slave in the back ground hence it doesn't matter if the link is lost with the paddle/computer the paddle/mount is still active hence keeping all the DSC information. As soon as you log back into the mount with a click of the button if you where crafty enough to save your points in EQmod which is very easy to do, your back online in minimal time. You will still be on target, and if your using programs like maximdl im pretty sure all your previous camera angles and calibrations are kept so its a matter of turning it back on and connecting everything again. Thats the reason why i have never bothered with the EQdir from shoestring its not needed and you actually go backwards in functionality.