View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 10:52 AM
Karls48 (Karl)

Q-Quider and dark frames

Yesterday I have received Q-Guider camera from Gama Electronics. I have orderer it on Wednesday and it was delivered next morning. Excellent service from Gama –Thank you Theo. On first inspection the camera looks neat, simple and very light. Exactly what I need for guiding camera as I’m going to use it with cheep eBay 80mm Achromat with wonky focuser. I could not use this telescope with DSI Pro because it is too heavy and the focuser drawtube sags under its weight. I could not try the camera as auto guider because I have to still make bracket for the guiding telescope. So I tried it as the imaginer. All the supplied software installed without problems on my AMD 2.6 Ghz computer running XP Pro. I have pointed telescope on TV antenna about 1.5 KM distant and the image was clear and sharp. I tried various function of QGVideo software and everything worked except 2x2 binning, which kept crashing the computer. Installing QGVideo 3.2.1 beta fixed that problem.
One thing I cannot figure out. I have read somewhere on this forum that this software can do dark frame subtraction on the fly. Can anyone point me right direction how to set it up