View Single Post
Old 28-11-2008, 08:22 AM
Barrykgerdes

I have already had my say earlier but I would like to add something for all those workers with multiple qualifications, letters and degrees.

The only qualifications I ever obtained officially were the E & C and I only did this because I was paid to do it and some compulsory courses to work on military cryptographic equipment. I had the opportunity to be sent to the uni full time on full pay but opted for an overseas posting instead.

However when the useless systems of needing written qualifications of ability to work on certain equipment started to be introduced in the 1980's a schedule was drawn up in the weapons/electronics/communications dept with the names of all the staff and the list of equipments they were proficient in.

I eventually became custodian of this schedule and when I read through it my name was there, not qualified for anything. But all the technicians who were qualified quoted me as being their instructor on 90% of the equipments.

Naturally as I was the custodian of the schedule I very quickly became experienced in every equipment.

Barry