View Single Post
Old 31-08-2007, 09:16 AM
RB (Andrew)

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ughy View Post
.. the screen is huge and the button features have changed dramatically. I do not like the rotating selector at the rear, which is very awkward to use. The live view function looks great - although I do have some reservations about it. In manual mode it was difficult to actually see if the object was in sharp focusUsing the zoom function after selecting . The live view mode you hear and feel the mirror slap up out of the way, then you see the streaming live video. Its responsiveness in auto mode is fantastic. It is a vast improvement over and above the 350/400D, and I can see heaps of these being dumped in the rush to upgrade. The body is about 2K, with 17-70 IS lens about 3K
Houghy the rotating dial is a big bonus, it's on the 20D/5D and I love it.
You can scroll through the menu much easier, it just takes a few goes before you get used to it.

The live view will also be a big help, if it's anything like the 20Da's live focus.
At night you'll find it much easier to find focus on a star, you can tell instantly when the star snaps into focus and at either side of focus you will see the CA of the lens/scope

Also I find if you're in manual mode, you really need to have the correct settings so you can see the object to focus, at night it should work perfectly on bright stars or the moon. On eclipse night it was a real treat using live preview to get focus on the moon, the craters just popped into view.

The best price I've found is a tad over AU $1700.

Now if only I can get Central DS to modify one making it a Cooled Ha enabled 40D.