View Single Post
Old 22-04-2016, 05:19 PM
dreamstation (James)

Managed to get in a few hours with the new eyepieces the last 2 nights and both the missus and I were very impressed. They are very comfortable to use although Initially I had some blackout issues but fully extending the eyeguard has completely eliminated that problem. I actually really like how the eyeguard adjusts, though I do like being able to lock it in place on the Delos, something which the XW can't do right?

Wednesday night we compared the 7 XW to the 6 Delos and personally I couldn't see a great deal of difference on Jupiter, though my partner was adamant the 7 XW was the better performer. Lastnight we put the 10 XW in the 2x Powermate and compared to the 6 Delos again and this time I could clearly see the difference. Even at the higher magnification, the XW was a lot sharper with much better contrast which really surprised me after not seeing it on the night before.

I'm contemplating picking up a 5 XW now rather than using the Powermate, but I want to try the 7 XW in there first to see if it's worth hanging on to. Being able to Powermate both the 7 and 10 would be handy, but if 3.5 is pushing it too far I'd much rather have the 5 instead.

What great eyepieces