View Single Post
Old 16-11-2012, 12:37 PM
EddieT (Eddie)

Hey Rob and all.

Yes it's true. I got my butt kicked more than once in WWF (not the wrestling) against more than one poster here

Just to clarify what I've been up to... I decided a couple of years back that it was time to upgrade my equipment, so sold off most of it. Since then I've been *very* slowly getting some new gear together and in the process not doing much imaging, though I have taken several images with a stock 5D MkII, just to see what it could do. That is currently my only camera and though I knew it beforehand, is really not suitable for astroimaging for obvious reasons.

So I thought, what better use for the hundreds of Ha images I've taken in the past, but to use them to supplement the Ha-malnourished (unmodded) 5D images.

So I started going through the literally tens of thousands of archived images (aided by FITS4Win2 which was mainly developed for this very purpose) and that in-turn triggered a huge cataloging and archiving campaign which then triggered the need for me to develop a bulk FITS header update tool, called F4W2HDU. Though I have released it for general use, a major update is almost finished which will make it even more useful.

So, though I havenet been imaging per-se, I have been messing with images on a daily basis, though mostly old ones.

So, I have an FS60 and an AstroTech RC10, am waiting on a Starlight Focuser and motor system to arrive and one day soon, though probably not this year, I will get some manner of the new astro-imaging camera, filters, etc. Something to see me through the next 10 years

Then, you might see something new from me. Or, I might post some of my hybrid archived Ha + stock 5D shots. Some are OK, but before I got right into it, I got sidetracked into more software development, so didn't really finish anything. Though the concept is a good one, I think!

The bottom line is, that I'm still around and still deep into images if not imaging. I don't think I could stop if I wanted to.

And, thanks for asking