View Single Post
Old 09-04-2015, 07:45 AM
ZeroID (Brent)
Lost in Space ....

Most jobs you'd apply for would fit to some normal payscale for that industry\skill and that is what you'd expect to be offered without it being mentioned in the advert.
A similar role over here at Mt John last year offered University payscales, actual numbers were not printed but you knew what to expect.

If I was in a similar situation over here with no indication but an interesting role on the table I'd be at least enquiring about the job. Easy enough to say 'no thanks' after an interview or discussion. Worse to find out later that it was a good offer and you didn't even give it a chance. A flight up to Uluru (at their expense of course) would be worth the effort for an interview if it came to that.

( I didn't apply for the Mt John position for other reasons btw )

With the current job situation in Aust as it seems to be I thought I'd be seeing someone from IIS checking it out at least. Depends on your personal circumstances of course. I'd imagine you'd have a lot of time to just stargaze in probably one of the darker places in Australia. Bit isolated though.
Pros, cons ...