View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 12:00 PM
Outcast (Carlton)
Always gonna be a NOOB...

Today my 'drum hardware' bag arrived from Artist Guitars & I have to say, I am stoked.

Thankyou again David; looking at these was indeed the perfect solution.

The bag is fully padded, made from what appears to be that tough denier nylon & my 2" Meade tripod fits well; if I want to get really anal, I can just extend the legs about an inch or so & that will stop any movement up & down the length of the bag.

It comes with two wide nylon straps around the body of the bag; this will enable the tripod to be 'snugged' down inside the bag and should stop legs rattling around..

To be honest, with a thin layer of high density foam between them, I could probably fit 2 x 2" tripods in there should the need ever arise.

The only, very, very minor criticism I might have would be lack of a shoulder strap however, the two handstraps are sufficiently long enough that I should be able to carry it slung over my shoulder if needs be.

For $40, delivered to my door, I am stoked... can highly recommend these if you are looking for an inexpensive, seemingly tough solution for transporting your tripod.

Time will tell just how 'tough' this bag is or isn't but, looking at it's construction.. I think it will last. The hand straps are 2" wide woven webbing that are rivetted to a solid piece of webbing that goes around the bag itself. The rivets go through a reinforcing patch, the handle, the reinforcing webbing & through the outer bag material, so again, look pretty solid..

I would even go so far to suggest that if you carefully check dimensions you might even be able to use it to transport an OTA....
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (20190207_103913 (002).jpg)
190.1 KB37 views