View Single Post
Old 18-05-2007, 10:44 PM
Dennis
Dazzled by the Cosmos.

LED circuit advice required - thanks!

Hello

Apart from the delightful day-to-day tasks of building a base for our soon-to-be-delivered water tank, measuring up for and organising a pool cover and generally keeping the Universe operating, I’m also learning how to use Corel Draw and designing an LED based light box for flat field frames.

Now like my good mate in Nambour, I am a little electrically challenged so I pulled out my 2006 Dick Smith Catalogue and used the formulae therein as a basis for the attached circuit diagram and calculations, drawn in Corel Draw.

I would be extremely grateful if some learned person could cast their eyes over the sums to see if my monkey-see, monkey-do approach is okay.

I assume that in calculating the power rating of the 120 Ohm Resistors, which look like they should be ¼ Watt, I should only be using the current flow of each LED (20mA) in the P=IV calculation, not the overall circuit current of I = 6x20mA = 120mA?

I happen to have a regulated mains adapter that has a rating of 6Vdc at 800mA which I assume should be sufficient to power the above circuit?

Any corrections and advice would be most welcome and gratefully received.

Thanks!

Dennis
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (LED Circuit.jpg)
45.0 KB122 views