Thread: UFO Encounter
View Single Post
Old 18-11-2014, 03:10 PM
astroron (Ron)
Supernova Searcher

It was dark, yet you could see the colour of the object
I have never seen the colour of an aircraft,except of being black in the dark.
This thing must have stopped in front of your eyes to give the details you present here.
I could not count the amount of windows on a 747 at that distance from me,which btw is about the size of the "UFO" in question going from your guestimate.
As an ex military man and working with aircraft for many years both at base and in the field, I could never give that sort of description of an aircraft in the dark.
Why would a "UFO" have lights on the antannai
And they just happen to be the same colours that a lot of aircraft have on them.
I can forgive the passage of time on the memory,48 years or so, but there is a bit of information missing, such as time of night/how dark was it, how high was it?.
And how could you hear the wind swishing over the craft. ?
Extra ordinary claims require extra ordinary facts, I see none here,just a good story.
I know I may get howled down on this,but I have noticed in the nearly 10 years on iceinspace, how every now and again a story like this appears
Which draws quite a bit of controversy, then the person who put the story here, disappears back into the ether, and lets every one fight it out among them selves.
With nearly 30 years observing under my belt and many more being out under the night sky, I have never observed anything that could not be explained, but just because it cannot be explained by me or other agencies does not mean it is extra terrestrial.
I was once told, and it has been alluded on this thread,if you don't believe you will never see one.
Needless to say,I have never seen one.
Just because a person is new here that doesn't preclude him/her from scrutiny if they present something that is purported as fact, it should be open to question in my opinion, not with snide remarks etc but with probing questions.
Just my 2 bobs worth
Cheers