View Single Post
Old 22-10-2011, 01:00 PM
PCH (Paul)

Hi Guys,

wow, there are some very interesting points being raised that, as a bit of a beginner, I'd never have thought of on my own. So thanks to you all for raising these points.

@Andy - sure, I understand about buying into the 'system'. That may have certain pricing limitations, but as you point out, generally things just 'work' when the parts are all from the same place.

@Chris - great news Chris! It's always encouraging to see your choice ranks so well consistently. And that is a fascinating comment about the number of bodies that guys lens has worked it's way through !!

@Phil - Yes, I can understand the after-market lenses may not have the same consistency as the bigger names, and I hear what you're saying about 'genuine' labels being more consistently up to scratch.

Thanks guys, - to all who have taken the time and trouble to offer replies and helpful suggestions. It has been genuinely much appreciated.

After some deliberation and consideration, I'll get the Canon 100mm F2.8 non IS. It can't be a bad choice, - so here goes. Fingers crossed