View Single Post
Old 13-10-2019, 01:14 PM
The_bluester (Paul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glend View Post
As I was watching Bathurst this morning I could not help thinking that the organisers don't recognise a dying sport.
And I can't help but agree with you there.

I am a motorsports nut, and while I have never been interested in the supercars category, firstly because of spending two decades promoting it as a tribal contest between two cars that I had no love of to speak of (Owned both over the years and found them both to be "just cars") and then making it all about the "Personalities" (Anyone remember the tripe that was "V8 Superstars" on the ten network?)

Ignoring that, they have belated realised the trouble they are in and tried to attract other "Manufacturers" to their now "BYO engine" silhouette series and after some permutations it is now a three horse race between an noncompetitive Nissan that no one was buying even before it was pulled off the market a couple of years ago, and no longer has any factory backing, a Mustang that looks like a distorted version of the car that is wildly popular in it's tiny little niche in the market, and a Commodore that people are walking past in droves on their way to buy a Camry, or more likely, a Kluger.

All the while they are telling us how great it all is, and the TCR category is perilously close to eating their lunch for them.

BTW, I think electrified racing is coming and while I will miss the noise of some of the great engines in racing, I am fine with it. In ten years if I have to electrify my HR31 to keep doing motorsport, so be it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Fine.jpg)
85.3 KB78 views