View Single Post
Old 14-10-2019, 05:35 PM
AndyG (Andy)
No. I am a meat popsicle.

2 Weeks ago, I ordered a simple videocard from a PC shop in VIC, by AusPost Express Post. This is usually 2 business days to Townsville.

About 6 days later (thanks to a weeks end and Queen's B'day), It's tracked as "Delivered". I haven't seen it. I check the 7 cameras in front of the house, and no delivery that day. I immediately lodge a complaint by the AusPost App.

The next morning, I visit the 2 local post offices, and discover that it has been signed for, by a name I don't know, and delivered by a particular driver. It appears I have a bit more info now than AP management would like me to have.

3 days later, I get an email, saying they need 5 days to work it out. 5 days later, I get an email stating that AP will be closing the complaint, as this has been referred to the Seller (who are in the fine print, AP's customer - not I).

My return email was not nice. Short version: I revealed my hand that I know who delivered it, to which name - therefore knowing when, where, an who dropped the ball. I will not endure a Merry-go-round of blame. I know the shop have done fine so far, as they have for the last 10 years.

AusPost... over 1 million complaints per year and counting

Thanks for listening to my rant.