View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 08:17 AM
The_bluester (Paul)

I don't have an obs either (Yet) but I use dragscripts mainly to build in the ability to do two targets in a night, shooting them only when they are in the best positions rather than trying to get every scrap of data on them that I can each night, then moving on when the next one is in a good spot. That and to build in the recovery possibilities if a band of cloud passes through then it clears again.

In that way it is similar to what you can do with SGP and it's recovery option but you have more control over what it does. You could direct it to stop tracking, park the mount, probably even to shoot some flats while it waited if you had a flat panel etc, or if you had limited battery power you could get it to warm the camera up in the wait times to cut power consumption.

People with obs and environmental monitors can set it up to shut up shop if conditions demand it then continue on again if things clear up, or simply sit there and do nothing all night if it is too cloudy or windy or raining.