View Single Post
Old 28-04-2007, 08:40 AM
Adrian-H
Naturalist

you can still get new 350D if you look around, they will go for around $800, which is substantially cheaper,

i know some may prefer the 400D

but, i have handled both, and my opinion, if i could chose eather one to use for photography, i would chose the 350D, basicly because the quality of the images it produces are slightly better then 400D, ie less noise grain, and the 350D has much longer battery life.

the 400d has benefits of the dust remover and lcd other then that.

the 400d lcd is nice, allthough, it dose not give an accurate read out of the image, the most accurate read out is the histogram in all camera dslr's and thats all you need to check, and the framing, so a larger lcd is just a novelty, the 400d lcd eats the battery life as all the displays are on that lcd only, the 350d has a second calculator lcd.

the extra 2mp dont really make that much of a difference, small fraction larger photo size, its huge allready with the 350D, yet it bring in more noise and lower the quality of the photo.

i use a 30d most of the time, its bulkyer heavyer, the battery life is super long, and its a breeze to use quickly, change settings etc, compared to 350d/400d.

the main adantage in 100series is weight and size.