View Single Post
Old 09-09-2020, 05:33 PM
jahnpahwa (JP)

yeeouch, that seems like a lot.

Am I right in saying that its a guide camera with a processor on board that is running something akin to phd2 and sharpcap polar align?

For that same price you could get yourself a normal guide cam (smaller and lighter) and an asi air pro and have a couple of hundreds dollars left over for a worlds best cigar cutter. With that set up, while also platesolving and polar aligning, you can run your image routine, control an astro camera, store images, run and power dew control and autofocussing and just about anything else... this seems to fit in a very specific niche where you're using a dslr and intervalometer in a super stripped back rig, and therefore dont need a pc... but also have 1600AUD to spend on a guider with no plans to upgrade to an astro camera. I'm probably missing something.

It certainly looks neat, though, and I bet for some people it will be perfect. And perhaps it does much more than I am understanding! Oh, and I should mention that I am sort of becoming a fanboy of baader planetarium... i really love a lot of their stuff.