View Single Post
Old 20-07-2020, 11:13 AM
jahnpahwa (JP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jase.film View Post
I am jumping up from guiding on a star adventurer pro to an NEQ6 pro (second hand). I tried it out for the first time last night.

I'm using EQmod and guiding in PHD2 (pulse guiding.)
The graph started out looking fine for about a minute but then suddenly it blows out to 12". It keeps doing this and I have no idea why.

I'm hoping someone here might be able to point me in the right direction of what's going on here. Nothing was snagged - I also tried it by guiding with ST4 and had the same problem.
After an *incident* with my HEQ5pro (very similar mechanically, smaller payload) I've had a very similar thing start happening. 120secs in the Dec axis wanders off a cliff, never to come back.

I initially thought that it might be a damaged section of the worm drive, but if i stop guiding and restart straight away it is fine for another 120secs.

I'm pulling the whole mount apart this week to see if anything has broken and I'll let you know what I find.

Yours pulling off both RA and dec is a noteworthy difference, but perhaps I'll find something that will be of use to you too

JP