View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015, 06:21 PM
gregbradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustigsmed View Post
Ouch that hurts a bit Greg

Going through an old thread i see one Greg Bradley said at 27-05-2015, 01:24 PM I agree, a big improvement and high grade image.
http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/s...d.php?t=135172
post number 10...

I've got to say though i haven't used the a7s much yet but with my limited use with it i wasn't too impressed with the raw files. it makes jpgs look nice and smooth but i don't know if i'm used to processing canon raw and not sony files but there seemed to be more depth in the canon files. I need to get back out there and give the sony more of a go, weather has been shocking.

the other reason i suggested the 600d is that there is an upgrade path through central ds, if down the track you want to modify it http://www.centralds.net/cam/?produc...-600d-ii-pro-3
you can get superb cooling and even mono modification.

also worth keeping in mind the OP was mentioning entry level cameras not the higher end stuff or full frame cameras some of these older ones like the 600d are so cheap now.. got to say though those WRGB sensors look very very interesting! i always enjoy reading what you have to say on sensors especially the sony stuff Greg!
That's funny Russell. Let me clarify, I am not an expert on which Canon model works best at Astro at all and it was a bit of a stab at what I recall seeing. I missed one! So there may well be some excellent 600D images! It may seem prehistoric but the 350D is still pretty hard to beat and I have seen lots of nice 1100D images. Modded 5D2 is still an amazing imaging machine, modified 6D no doubt more so.

But the trend of smaller pixels and higher MP count may hurt astro work at some point. At least initially as the mp race sometimes left low ISO noise in a worse state.

Most modern cameras of any make have pretty good low noise at high ISO these days. Some are just better than others.

Greg.