View Single Post
Old 30-08-2015, 01:42 AM
Atmos (Colin)
Ultimate Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexN View Post
For day to day use unless you are using it for very specific uses its really much of a muchness. I've shot top end canon and nikon over the years. I find canon lenses to be superior even if by nothing more than my wow factor at images. I find nikon bodies far more intuitive to my style of shooting and far better ergonomically. For Astrophotography. Get a canon.
I tend to agree, haven't used enough Canon lens' to be able to comment but when it comes to taking photos on a day to day basis, they're much the same. From my experience Nikons are easier to use and manipulate photographically than their Canon counterparts. On my D700 I NEVER go into any of the menus because I can control absolutely everything from the buttons and things on the body. Unless the Canon general design has changed recently, they require you to enter the menus to change different aspects.

Canon for astro, either for day to day use. Your best bet would be to down to Teds Cameras and have a feel of a few different Canon's and Nikon's play with the menus and buttons and see which you prefer the feel of.