View Single Post
Old 17-12-2012, 09:05 PM
Screwdriverone (Chris)
I have detailed files....

Help!, My New Atik 314E - is it colour or mono?

OK. I am probably going to get hell for this, but here goes.

So, I am getting jack of the DSLR coolerbox dumbbell weight and rigmarole that goes with setting it up and only cooling to 15 deg C on a hot night and decided to splurge on a cooled OSC CCD camera. Went out and bought myself an Atik 314E today, asked for a colour one, thought I got a colour one, but it only seems to capture in mono?

I have tried everything in Artemis Capture and all that comes out is mono....

When I put the lens cap on and take a dark with "color" selected rather than RAW or Luminance, it looks like I can see colour noise on the screen, however, when I have the camera pointed through my 50mm finder guider at a well lit window about 50 metres away which has a warm yellow light, it shows up as monochrome only?

Have I been given a mono camera instead of a colour one? The sticker shows it as Atik 314E CCD camera. Should it read Atik 314E - C?

I have tried debayering using Nebulosity and DSS using the RGGB matrix (found this reference on CN) but this doesnt work either. I think I have a mono camera and I will have to go tomorrow and take it back for a colour one as the thought of filter wheels (cost, time and stuffing around) just aint my thing.....

I've even used the Artemis RGB utility and it doesnt show colour either.....

Does anyone know how I can tell from the camera front, back or sensor? Does anyone have one or previously had one and can remember if it was labelled ATIK 314e - C or something else?

Cheers

Chris

Last edited by Screwdriverone; 17-12-2012 at 10:26 PM.