View Single Post
Old 20-09-2008, 12:23 AM
Ian Robinson

I'll be holding off for a while on that EF 70-200 f2.8 L IS and 2x Type II teleconverter.
The new 2" filters (DSF , UHC) and 77mm LPF, and 2" newt easy guider can also wait for now too.

The money set aside.

Don't think we'll have to wait long the way things are likely to go with economy in the USA which is only going to get worse for the foreseeable future.

I spotted what looked to be an outstandind Ebay deal on the above lens last night .... under 1000USD , the catch was the person claiming to have some of them was asking for electronic funds transfer, so I queried him (deks24) on paying by PayPal (PayPal transactions have up to 2000 USD FRAUD PROTECTION) , BUT he gave a lame excuse why he will not accept PayPal , only electronic funds transfer
Quote:
Hi

I am authorized reseller from Canon and all the items i sell are comming with warranty 1 yr international. The items are sealed. The packages will be shiped from my shop in Slovakia, Bratislava and i prefer as method of payment bank transfer.

I have another 3 lenses for sale, same model and if you are interested in a buy it now price pls contact me by email charles.nicky@yahoo.com if you need more information.

I will take for this auction only bank transfer as method of payment beacause for the moment i can't use Paypal due a opened dispute to a buyer ( i received a payment from a stolen account)

I am offering free shipping within Europe. The delivery time is about 5-7 working days, normal delivery.

Regards

- deks24
Ebay Feedback can easy be falsified from what I have read.

NO WAY JOSE !!!! so I never bothered bidding on it. Sounds a bit tricky to me , and I can't afford to throw away that kind of money and never ever see the goods. I certainly will not emailing and dealing with this trickster outside of EBAY/PAYPAL. I might risk it for a local purchase where there is a good chance to catching and prosecuting anyone who tries a fraudulent transaction, but not overseas unless I am confident the seller is bonefide.

If it's too good to be true , it is.

Last edited by Ian Robinson; 20-09-2008 at 12:56 AM.