View Single Post
Old 21-01-2014, 05:37 PM
Blake (B)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane View Post
What software are you using to decode/view the CR2s? Ideally, you should be using DPP.

When using Digital Photo Professional, it applies a different amount of luminance and chrominance noise reduction (0 to 20), based on the ISO the image was shot at. I absolutely love this feature. It usually gets it bang on.

On the 5D Mark II, it applies 0/0 on ISO-100, but, on the 5D Mark III, it applies 1/1 at ISO-100.

The higher the ISO you shoot at, the greater the noise reduction that is applied in DPP. From memory, ISO-3200 on the 5D Mark III, it applies 6/7.

When I get home, I'll download your images and have a play around with them in DPP.

H
I'm just using DPP to view the raw files. You can see the bright pixels when you view images in DPP and on the camera.

I just had a look then at the luminance and chrominance noise reduction, and for the ISO3200 images it applies 9/11.

If you could download them and have a look and see what you think, that would be awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas View Post
the images are jpgs of the cr2
Any chance of posting the actual cr2 files?
If you click the link to my Google Drive it will open a thumbnail gallery of all the images, then if you click an image it will go full size, then you should be able to click the download button on the bottom right and it will download the full CR2 file

Thanks for the replies!