View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 12:08 PM
Peter.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongmanmike View Post
That's quite good Peter, and as Marc says, nicely processed too

Face Fleeing Flame, he he , how about Poets Protuberance Palliates Pyrotechnics

After hammering the Keyhole, Gabriela is on my (longish) possibles list...good seeing would help though

Mike
Thanks Mike. This image was taken in the usual horrible seeing around my place shooting from my front porch over the house. I would love to take my rig to somewhere dark and there are numerous places around that are suitable, the hardest part is getting the power that my setup is reliant on now.

I also need to sort out the collimation or spacing of my corrector. I know the collimation is out slightly but I cant seem to stack the last little bit. Using autocollimators offset pupil I can get 2 perfect circles by stacking the inverted reflections, but then the central pupil has some offset reflections. Interestingly I have got the same result after taking it all appart and putting it all back together including my new focuser and secondary.

The other thing that is hampering my efforts at the moment is the fact that my setup is taken down every night. When I plug my camera in to the laptop I lose ascom for some reason, so at the moment im doing my alignment stuff, syncing some stars and going to where I want to image and then putting the camera in.

From here I cannot control the mount automatically anymore, this means framing is whatever it is or I can try to do it manually which isnt fun. It also means that imaging over more than one night is almost impossible. Bring on the pier I say! If only I wasnt in a rental property currently.

Anyways I will stop ranting, and thanks for the kind words everyone!