Thread: New observatory
View Single Post
Old 24-01-2023, 12:52 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

OK the pier was finished Saturday except for tidy up and painting..also I have to grind off some stuff on the top to take the new ZWO mount that arrived on Friday.
The supports we put up to support the gate motor was not wide enough to get the garden trolley carrying the concrete in...at 20 klgs I can get them out of the car wnd drop them in the trolley but no way could I carry them from the door way to the pier...until I get hought to use the office chair..still hard to lift but with some grub ing I got it done....14 bags thru the door and the other 10 dragged under the floor which was actually easy cause I am going n my stomach...so no counter weight bar comes with the mount but ordered that early in his morning...I am in Lismore now and hope to find a bolt to fix the mount to the steel fitting on top of the pier.

Near killed me..was ok Sunday but yesterday felt like I was dead so I slept all day and today feeling fair..but very happy to get it done.
I have all the stuff to set up the eight inch..main camera, OAG and mini guide camera, filters, filter wheel, Asiair plus, EAF...but I expect there may be things I have forgotten but very close to getting it all up and running.
Alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG20230121104823_resize_73.jpg)
177.6 KB72 views
Click for full-size image (IMG20230121110525_resize_10.jpg)
146.2 KB51 views
Click for full-size image (IMG20230121125318_resize_40.jpg)
154.8 KB57 views