View Single Post
Old 25-06-2009, 09:46 PM
troypiggo's Avatar
troypiggo (Troy)
Bust Duster

troypiggo is offline
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 4,833
shocked by my Canon AC power adapter

Tried using my genuine Canon AC adapter for my 30D the other night for only the second time since I bought it. While focusing my scope, my forearm touched the camera's flash hotshoe and I got a little shock, more like a tingle, from it. Assume something is shorting or overloading something?

I also usually have the clamp plate for my tripod permanently screwed into the base of my camera, and when I touched that it also gave me the same shock.

Other than that the camera seemed to operate fine, but didn't want to take any chances to took it out and put the battery back in.

Anyone had this happen before? Adapter faulty and return it?
Reply With Quote