View Single Post
Old 07-03-2005, 09:30 PM
Thiink

janoskiss: I was thinking about that, I should probably take the comments about Andrews out of the post. Other than the conversation today they have been good, ultra-quick delivery and good prices. I wasnt really worried about the binoculars, I probably wont use them anyway.

ballaratdragons: Actually taking a towel out with me is a good idea, making sure the OTA is dry solves half the problem. I have just been carrying the scope by holding it on either side cupping it in my hands trying not to put too much pressure on it, which I now realise probably isn't the best way of carrying it. I might use the spindles from now on after making sure they are dry. I normally sit the scope upright inside on the carpet, take the base out and then the scope, reverse when taking it back inside. And I'm not tall, only around 5'10, might be how I am carrying it.

There has since been some space cleared outside under the stairs (under cover on concrete but open air) so it can now live down there which is MUCH easier. Just have to find some way of keeping the dust and other crap out (the dryer lives under the house as well, but lots of air between it and the closet the scope is going to live in).

Last edited by Thiink; 07-03-2005 at 09:39 PM.