View Single Post
Old 19-12-2019, 12:45 AM
HeavyT

Where to place 2 inch filter in imaging train?

Hi all

I'm trying to work out my imaging train after collecting a reducer and oag recently. Haven't had great skies to work this out.

Tonight I screwed my trusty UHCS 2 inch filter on to the dslr t adapter, then screwed the reducer on to the filter, and the reducer on to the focussed. I have other connectors on the way to bring the oag into the train.

I didn't get much time in as cloud moved in to stay. But I noticed the filter glass is loose now. When I squeeze the metal ring, it stops moving. It's also rather hot lately.

Anyway, I had been concerned about hanging all that weight off of the filter, but have no other way to bring it in to the train until the new connectors arrive. In my previous imaging session I had the filter between the reducer and oag, which in turn was t mounted to the dslr. This of course had the reducer way too far from the sensor so my dso entered hyperspace.

Should I discontinue placing all that weight on the filter and just wait for the connectors?

Ultimately for dslr imaging I intend to have a t piece connecting the oag to the scope using the "push in" method, so there won't be any weight hanging off of the filter.

Thanks and clear skies