View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 08:10 PM
Barrykgerdes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgerdes View Post
Yeah, but you didnt find it until after I told you it was there The web is mightier than the book.

I didnt look in Farnell, I searched for the part characteristics on Google and Farnell in the UK returned a diagram/picture. I then scoured the picture and for different numbers that could be part numbers and finally found one that returned the part in the Farnell AU site.
Ah! ah! you young whipper snapper don't contradict your elders especially your old man who is underwriting your supply of telescope parts!

I was in fact the expert in locating plugs and sockets for all sorts of weird and wonderful secret communications equipment during my ship building days. I had a very extensive library of plug and socket catalogues. We even made a waterproof plug for a 32 wire underwater cable. That was quite a task. We made our own injection moulding device to do it.

I found that plug in the old 2000 version of the Farnell catalogue but needed to confirm it was still available. A task I was going to leave to Marc.

Baz