View Single Post
Old 18-10-2020, 10:12 PM
Hans Tucker (Hans)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahnpahwa View Post
phwooaar! such a nice set up!

The APOMAX focuser wheels look crazy lightweight... can I see the footpath in the background through the near one?!

I often wonder about people observing or imaging from the driveway or path... do you ever worry that the dodgy neighbours from around the corner will jimmy your garage open and make off with your very-difficult-to-replace kit? Or is it just a nice vibe of people sometimes stopping for a quick chat and a look and you have to slap their hands away as they go to touch it?
Yes, it is a concern and I have been broken into twice but they never touched the Telescopes. Security has been vastly improved and off loading an APOMAX in Australia would be difficult, it is the only one in this country I believe. I have no real choice on observing location because the backyard is not ideal. I recently showed a neighbour and his daughter Jupiter .. their reaction to a first view of the planet was priceless.

The APOMAX Focuser is aesthetically pleasing and functional for visual but no good for imaging.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (apomax-focuser.jpg)
75.7 KB124 views