View Single Post
Old 25-10-2019, 04:55 PM
JohnF (John)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dove View Post
Hello John F,

Yes, that is right. the obliquity has been known to be reducing regularly for the last 2000 years and we know how important this angle is to our climate. The current theory is as we know Milankovitch’s but it only offers an explanation of some 2.3 degrees wobble and some varying eccentricity changing the obliquity.

This theory puts a restriction on all astronomers and geologists to within a very narrow range to explain the mysteries of great changes of climate in the past. These past changes in climate call for an explanation covering a greater range of obliquity.

As Bojan rightly suggests, we need to look deeper into the subject. For example I suggest we start by looking at the motion of our planet. The earth is travelling about the Sun. So I ask all contributors, is it travelling in a circle or a spiral? We can all answer this definitively I am sure. It is an important point to commence the argument.

Alan D.
Well I had read many years ago that the earth travels in an Elipse shape. Not sure how a spiral fits, but will follow this interesting thread.

Fossil Evidence seems to indicate that this world once had a daily universally warm climate.

Certainly there is Progression of the poles. For example Polaris is now the North Pole Star. But around 4000 years ago the North Pole Star was the star "Alpha Drakonos," the Eye of the Dragon -- Hence Santa, anagram of Satan, keeps his eye on people from the North Pole.

Anciently Drakonos was beloved to watch and keep his eye on people.

The Pyramid of Cheops in Egypt was aligned with Alpha Drakonos.

So their is a definite progression.

Another post claimed research on Quasars show they are speeding up in going away from us. So how does this first with perpetual motion.

Oh, and I have one copy of Nw Scientist that mentions a cluster of Galaxies that all show different rd shifts, though this cluster is thought to be all at the same distance from us. So that there are a quite a number of problems.

I am not an Astrophysicist, so do not claim to have the answers. But do find such problems intresting.