View Single Post
Old 16-01-2021, 12:08 AM
mswhin63 (Malcolm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmrid View Post
Malcolm, that’s really interesting. I just switched the jumpers on the M.2 from the default to the “always on” setting and now the Pi/M.2 boots and runs just fine. The jumper controls the softswitch it seems and this lends strong support to your analysis.
Appreciate the feedback. I do not need it as yet. I am working on a different method of supply, just putting my modified rig through some simulation to check before placing outside.

Managed to strengthen the rig, built my DIY Tube Rings and mounted the RPi on top to reduce the cable run and be able to run the whole thing from a single supply. I now have only a single power cabling from the top right through to the tripod and cable snags are now a thing of the past.

Currently running everything from my Lab power supply drawing 1.57A from 12V that includes everything RPi, Camera, Mounts Focus motor. So I can get a very accurate supply requirements now.
One thing I find with Power Pack is the Current Rating are based on what? Battery Voltage, Output Voltage. Watt Hours is the best method for rating the batteries.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (20210115_232052-1.jpg)
192.1 KB25 views
Click for full-size image (20210113_215852-2.jpg)
192.8 KB30 views