View Single Post
Old 20-07-2018, 01:41 PM
Atmos (Colin)
Ultimate Noob

Thanks for the comments all

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
Impressive widefields. I like them. That setup will be worth tweaking.

I do find the larger lenses are a bit touchy to being pulled one way or the other as the mounts are not that strong.

Don't you rings have adjustment screws so you adjust where the tension hits the lens?

Greg.
Having seen what you’ve done with the older lens’ with their wonderfully long back focus, it has given me some more recent inspiration to do this. I’m using 85mm telescope rings at the moment as it enables a very rigid setup BUT at the moment it is pulling the camera down :/ No adjustment screws so washers will be in the works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glend View Post
Very nice Ha Colin. You could try spacing the offending ring up slightly with a washer at the base, assuming it's diameter is ok. I have a nice DSLR bracket from TS which has height adjustment built in to the lense support and camera body, but you can accomplish the same thing with washers and correct screw length, imho.
I think you’re right on the money Glen. I had one other thing I wanted to try as I wasn’t getting this tilt with the Sigma Art 85 but I am with the Zeiss 135. I need to measure up the size of everything but I think a thin washer or two on each bolt is all that will be needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiweb View Post
Very cool You can get rid of the seams and uneven luminosity very easily in PS by using a small overlap and auto blend. I used to do whole milkyway shots in Ha and short FL lenses from home. It's good value when you're in light polluted areas. You should try IR as well. That's fun.
Yeah the seams aren’t great and they’re probably because I’ve done gradient removal after registering the two panels together No processing so far as my sudo dark is adding some weirdness anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongmanmike View Post
Hey Col, you should take on the next level project from Eddie Trimachis fabulous effort back in 2005...but with your 135mm lens

Mike
This just happens to be the inspiration for wanting to do a 72 panel mosaic of the area Want to get the star shapes right before officially starting the project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lognic04 View Post
Wow, so much gas!!!
Awesome!!!
Thanks Logan, it’s why I posted them