View Single Post
Old 20-06-2019, 03:10 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Is there no way that you can store it on the top level. Presumably you are getting on so perhaps decide to arrange the top level to accomodate your needs not have it set up to please others with a conventional lay out...it may mean a large cupboard in a conspicuous position but is that too outrageous if it can save your hobby. If you partner wont let you have your stuff upstairs point out that is a cruel and selfish attitude as it does not accomodate your failing health.
Going smaller...you will still have to move your stuff up and down the stairs. I purchased a heq5 and 80mm to make things easier but I still make the same number of trips up and down the stairs so dont fall for the illusion that going smaller changes everything. What is preventing storing your gear upstairs? If you have space please dont tell me its a guest bedroom or a formal dining that you keep to satisfy others on some rare occassions at the expense of your hobby. One works to survive and support the family but heck you deserve to do exactly what you what also... Life is short and finite and despite promises that there is more one can be confident that planing just for this one wont leave you disappointed....so review what is important to you and make rules and changes to accomodate the fact that you must have your desires and needs addressed.
After all if you are realistic you may realise that you may not not have many years left where you can do your hobby at all...how many do you recon?
If it is a case of a partner not accomodating you to have a small area upstairs you must put your foot down and if you dont perhaps just give up astronomy...up and down the stairs is probably unnecessary unless your top floor is a single room devoid of any area that can store a scope and mount which I would find extrordinary really.
Alex

Last edited by xelasnave; 20-06-2019 at 03:27 AM.