View Single Post
Old 31-03-2017, 01:40 PM
Kunama

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post
Great job Matt! Phil, lucky that Tak was dishing out breakfix spares. The 300CRS has only 3 fans but this mod has 6.

Out of curiosity though I thought the 300 had side venting for cooling? Or is the side window for some other purpose? I also thought the 300 was like the 250 with a removable back to expedite cooling? Or keeping it closed but cooling via fans is more appropriate?
Hello Sean,
Yes there are side vents and the backing plate is removable though once viewing I think it is better to close the sides to prevent any reflections or light from iPad screens etc reflecting off internal tube surfaces.

I think the end plan is to also include a pot to vary the fan speed to keep the scope as near to ambient as possible.

It could also turn out to be an unnecessary modification that's why it's good to practice on Phil's scope at the moment I am removing the filter screens to test the change in airflow.....
(maybe someone will volunteer their refractor for me to cut into to test active cooling in one..... )