View Single Post
Old 10-10-2020, 02:33 PM
Robert_T
aiming for 2nd Halley's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Startrek View Post
Welcome back
Your getting back into the hobby at a time where technology is growing at a rapid pace , there’s new products and software popping up all the time
Nothing wrong with a old DSLR , I started AP just over 3 years ago, borrowed my wife’s 10 year old Canon 600D , bought a 6” newt and was hooked
Lovely images by the way
Well done !!
thanks Martin, it's wierd how well the old canon apsc dslrs do, i have a un-modded 600d that I have some nice shots from and a modded 450d bought from a forum member which actually sold me on the benefits of a dedicated astro camera... it's very competitive with my astro camera, but I like the convenience of having a dark library setup for specific times and temperatures.

I see you have the ASI2600MC... I was very tempted by that camera which has the same sensor characteristics as my ASI533 but with a much bigger sensor size. I've ordered another APSC sized camera the ASI071MC pro (fixed problems that were in "cooled" version) in the end, partly as it's cheaper but also wanted a pixel size difference to the 533. Not as sensitive as the 2600, but hope it works out ok.