View Single Post
Old 29-01-2018, 04:22 PM
bigjoe (JOSEPH)

Quote:
Originally Posted by troypiggo View Post
I have a 10” f/4.7 SW newt that I rarely use for visual or imaging, but am reluctant to get rid of. Over time I have bought the following eyepieces, but am thinking that they get so little use, it would be best to thin out the herd and am looking for other opinions on which ones to sell:

ES 9mm 100deg
ES 14mm 100deg
ES 20mm 100deg
ES 30mm 82deg - I quite like the field and comfort of this one, and probably would be one to keep
TMB 6mm
GSO(?) 42mm Superview 68deg(?) - not sure I’d get much for this?

I just feel like for the little use, I don’t need that many options. And since I got the 30/82 I think I prefer that AFOV and eye relief. Perhaps should sell all 3 100deg and get one more shorter FL ES 82deg?
Troy..I myself never liked or felt the need for 100 deg.... 50° to 72 ° always been easy even in a dob ..Esp like the Deloi Pans ,or Pentax XW...or clones thereof.

Quite often I just use Deloi.Pans , KK Orthos , and a very, very good Orion Zoom ; worth every penny of $ 299 and a surprise ..like looking into a dark well ..that Contrast , and a few of the TS DUAL EDs below 15mm...Sell the 100s ...someone will want those 100s for sure there v good EPs , though heavy.

If You dont have tracking , get 82s but, the ES 68s are bettter optically IMHO.

Sometimes all I use are a 24mm Pan and the ORION Zoom and 2.5 Apo Barlow....Deloi , Orthos all stay in the case.

PS:If your just not using it as its too heavy etc over time the coatings will go and it will become less saleable ..better to sell now get a smaller one you can use.

bigjoe

Last edited by bigjoe; 29-01-2018 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Adding