View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 10:32 AM
PRejto (Peter)

Hi Pete,

You can drive yourself completely batty doing modest T-Point runs and then adjusting for PA. At least I sure did.... I would say, if you are fairly close, do a modest run of say 50+ points on both sides of the meridian including to the lowest altitudes you might image at, run the super model and do your best to move the mount exactly as instructed. I found it pretty easy to get well adjusted in azi but not altitude. I would run the model and it would say I'm low, then the next time say I'm too high. This would happen even following others recommendation to move only 50% of the value. This makes you completely nuts because each time you must do a complete run. Finally I got out of that cycle by using the camera method I spoke about earlier. You might be able to do it for both azi and alt but I never tried that. Once you are adjusted well enough go back and do a 200+ point run so that you can take advantage of protrack. The polar axis report should be very similar to your earlier run. If it's close enough don't touch it or you will need to start over. Once you get fast this fiddly stage you will really start enjoying this mount!

Peter

PS...you are probably doing this already, but I would always slew to my first target before getting rid of the model about to be discarded. That way the mount knows were it is a lot better than if you wipe the model and then slew. And, if you use the "synch to linked photo" method things go quite fast.