View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 06:24 PM
TheDecepticon

Bad Images.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuts View Post
I dont think people were asking you to do an actual star test. They were asking you to put the focus just inside and outside (on a star) so you could see the secondary and spider in the image and get some idea of how centered it all was.

Paul
Absolutely. You need to at this point work out just what is wrong with your tube assembly. I did not suggest a star test to fine tune your scope, but to see indeed, when the scope is working, where its mirrors are actually pointing. For most of us that have been doing it for a while we should be able to spot your problem easily if it is definitely poor mirror alignment or a bad mirror. I wont be at the Telescope Clinic this weekend, but will be attending Saturday nights Star Party at Stockport, so hopefully the "guru" you are looking for will find your problem and help you resolve it. It may just be poor collimation, however, my offer of assistance was to hopefully get you going a bit earlier and help relieve your blood pressure. In the end, if your scope is that bad you need to send it back to the supplier for a replacement or repair, as deemed by them.