View Single Post
Old 24-11-2010, 10:36 PM
ngcles
The Observologist

Hi Steve & All,

Great observations and notes Steve as always. I note in particular your affection for the NGC 1763 complex which is, as you have noted, a wonderful nebulous/cluster/star cloud region that is so often completely overlooked in favour of the Tarantula Nebula (NGC 2070).

So glad you had such a good time up at Coona -- at the same time I was up at Mudgee and I suppose you suffered the same on/off weather conditions we did about 200km away. The best night we had up there, the SQM-L hit 21.91 for a time and was better than 21.85 basically all that night until the false-dawn started. I cleaned up a stack of about 100 galaxies in Eridanus over the two nights of four we were able to observe.

Glad to hear Tony and Lachlan looked after you so well. The field out the back of the motel is a very good spot to observe. Pity we weren't able to catch up in Sydney before you went up to Coona, but there's always next time.

Great to see you have popped in here on IIS and I'm sure I would echo everyone's thoughts that are here regularly (IIS Visual Observers), that we'd love to have more of your sage advice, contributions and input.

All the best and hope we can share a 'scope one night again soon.

Best,

Les D