View Single Post
Old 10-10-2020, 11:27 AM
Robert_T
aiming for 2nd Halley's

back in the game - with some new (to me) targets

Hi all, just posted a "help me" post so thought I better stump up with a contribution as well.

I've been in an out of astrophotography since the 80's with hypersensitised colour film and my own T-max B&W processing...more recently in the digital age mainly planetary and web-cam stuff, but have been off the boil for years.

Enter COVID and to entertain myself more at home bought a decent mount and started planetary again... just out of interest thought I'd see what my old canon dslr and little zenithstar 66sd could do from heavily light polluted suburbia and was amazed... really how is this magic possible stacking short exposures!!!

a couple months on a it's now an espirit 100d and asi533mc camera and some LP filters.

Have taken "the usual" for this time of year, but noticed a couple of nebula in scorpio I hadn't really imaged before, the Cat's Paw nebula and Lobster Nebula... again amazed I hardly knew these were lurking there not far from lagoon, triffid, omega, eagle etc... and they'r actually quite large and interesting targets.

Anyway here they are for your interest, advice, abuse whatever takes your fancy :-)

Lobster just 2 hours of 300s subs
Cat's Paw 4.5 hours over three nights mis of 180s and 300s subs
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (LobsterNeb 2hrs unity -10 533 lenhance.jpg)
178.4 KB51 views
Click for full-size image (cats paw three nights 11x300s 68 x 180s enhance unity -10 2.jpg)
194.6 KB40 views