View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 02:11 PM
Meru (Michael)
More stars please!

Nikon Lens + CCD Combo

Helloooo,

On my way today to pick up a Nikon 180mm for widefields combined with my other primes, I'm very keen on trying widefields with my QHY9M + FW. I have enough backfocus including using my OAG (Should make for one epic-looking setup!).

My question is what’s the best method to secure such a setup to a mount (Specifically, a NEQ6)? The Geoptik adapter from TS (Here) adds 19mm to the optical path which makes it too long, plus I think $130AUD is a bit of a rip off. I'm considering buying guiderings but might be hassle if I use a short lens i.e. thrifty-fifty or the likes. I'd probably have to have use one guide ring on the lens, and the other on the body of the QHY9 (Which has an OD of 109.5mm, and the lens will have anywhere between 50-80mm, so might have to end up using two different sized rings). I'd like to avoid having to mount it to my telescope since the only one I have is a RC8 and a bit overkill to have to balance that up just for widefields.

I tried searching the site but couldn't find much, so please do forgive me if this topic has already been covered What do you guys and gals think?

Last edited by Meru; 08-02-2013 at 02:19 PM.