View Single Post
Old 25-04-2012, 01:08 PM
Visionoz (Bill)

Robin

I have one in my possession since last month end - however due to some logistical issues I had in procuring the "right" adaptors to connect the STX FW to my QHY11 & TS OAG, I still haven't had a chance to test/use the camera at all

I'm looking for a "local" (any one in Oz not only WA who knows about astro thread sizings) machinist who can machine the right sized adaptors to fit - prefer not to have to go to Precise Parts for a simple stepped ring with male/female threads and pay zillions!

However I noted that I could instead ignore the FW and use my VC200L with a 2" nosepiece from the camera side so will attempt to use it this way - of course without any filters but I do have a Ha filter that will fit at the nosepiece end!

Like yourself I was looking around the web for images/reviews and even posted on SGL with no response whatsoever but after getting some samples from Theo and talking to him (he has a track record of looking after his customers as we all know) I pulled the pin - originally I was looking at the Moravian G3 series with FW etc but cost was aro $6K++

The overall camera seems well made though hasn't got the slick finish that others have but it is not as heavy as I thought it would be! Looking forward to trying it out soon

HTH
Cheers
Bill

PS: Ooh! Oh! - I didn't like it when I read about the "dewing issues on the front window" bit - Theo did not say that was the case to me - apparently I the first one in WA to have purchased this model from him!

Last edited by Visionoz; 25-04-2012 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Added postscript!