View Single Post
Old 13-08-2018, 08:18 PM
Outcast (Carlton)
Always gonna be a NOOB...

Ended up picking up a Meade LX90 8 inch SCT (pre ACF but, with UHTC) complete with about 8 Meade eyepieces (Plossls I think), some filters & an LPI camera for what I considered a good price.

I understand that I may not be able to get the LPI to work as there are no 64bit drivers for them but, that was not a deal breaker as I already have a DSLR & adapters to fit.

I am confident that this will achieve my desire for a scope with some decent aperture whilst at the same time being fairly portable. Also, in the future when we consider moving to an apartment or small townhouse, I believe this will work for me from a balcony, I was not particularly confident about achieving this with a Dob.

Still need to find a solid mount for my Meade ED 80 but, will keep my eye on the classifieds here

Thanks all for your comments, advice, they helped me greatly to evaluate what I was attempting to achieve, look more carefully for something secondhand & make a decision.

Now just the wait for the scope to arrive.. apologies in advance for the crap weather that will roll in next week...