View Single Post
Old 23-09-2020, 02:29 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Greg,
The 2600MC is an absolutely tremendous camera , the more I use it the more I love it. Whether imaging in Bortle 8 Sydney or down at my weekender Bortle 3 it performs extremely well in both my 6” and 8” newts
Last night captured NGC 253 down at my weekender under a setting 30% lit moon , 15 to 20 km/hr wind gusts but managed 3 hrs of reasonable data ( 4 minute dithered guided subs ) with camera running under Ascom highest dynamic range and cooled to -15C. Guiding was struggling ( 1.20 to 1.40 arc sec ) but still nice round stars to edge of field
Took 20 x darks , stacked and processed today and found hardly any noise in the final image, only applied minimal noise reduction
I’ll post the image when I get some internet.
ZWO over the past 18 months are certainly developing some excellent cameras in particular cooled OSC , obviously heavy competition with QHY
My 2600MC is a superb camera and at this early stage has been money well spent ( I did spend 6 months reviewing and researching this camera before I made my decision , oh and I’m still a novice , I’ve been a DSLR user for 3 years or so )
I’d love to see some images captured using the 2600MC with some serious focal length and aperture rigs in dark skies
Cheers
Martin