Thread: DIY CCD camera?
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 08:12 PM
Ausrock (Chris)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasyoungonce View Post
Good to hear...ohhh nice stuff to play with! A little OT....did these MIR resins grow from the minesweeper project (forgive my ignorance). I can see how these can reduce development time indeed.
No mate, nothing to do with minesweepers.

If you've ever worked with chopped strand mat f/glass you may have noticed the individual strands are made up of a multitude of micro-fine filaments, that is what we use........approx., 1/3 the diameter of hair and nominal length of 0.5mm. Our core technology (our 11 herbs and spices) is what we do to them to create a chemical bond to the resins rather than the traditional mechanical bond.......the end result is that while we don't compete with traditional f/glass for things like pools and boats, we do offer the ability to mold intricate shapes that trad f/g can't achieve.

The detailed info I ultimately get from Steve will dictate whether it is going to be feasable to proceed. If I can prove it's viable to make composite housings, then once the inital tooling is completed, the rest should be relatively straight forward. If time allows, I will have a play with "dummy" molds in preparation for the real thing.........will post anything of interest here.