View Single Post
Old 16-11-2020, 01:19 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Good on you to drop in Ivo so we can hear it directly from the horse's mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irwjager View Post
As such, we assume that what you are showing us is real and not the result of arbitrary manipulation of the image, or the result of a hallucination of a neural net.
Well that illustrate my initial concerns in a big way. If a neural network can interpolate a jelly fish wideshot into a dog's painting I don't even want to think what it's doing to an astro image. Maybe the lower more subtle setting gives you cats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by irwjager View Post
The same goes for debayering algorithms - the most "advanced" ones (for example those based on AHD) yield the worst SNR, as they try to "reconstruct" edges and detail based on random noise. Stacking that - now random detail - yields worse outcomes. This is one of the reasons why something "advanced" like PixInsight only offers something simple like VNG - precisely because it doesn't do anything fancy.
What's your take on bayer drizzle and drizzle integration. That's ok? Been doing it a lot of that with the FSQ and as far as I can tell it doesn't manufacture details but I thought I'd check with you anyway.