View Single Post
Old 13-10-2016, 02:57 AM
osult (Tom)

Quote:
Originally Posted by luka View Post
Brendan, we want beryllium copper. Its thermal conductivity is much lower than copper (about 1/6 if I remember correctly) and this will significantly reduce the heat transfer from the PCB to the sensor via pins.
And, as you said, the chance of poisoning is virtually zero in the metal form.

Unfortunately the description on AliExpress only says
"material: metal"
Not very helpful.
Hi All,

I was looking at some ic sockets in Farnell which suggest the contacts are beryllium copper but after checking the product with manufacturer - it turns out only a small part of the contact is beryllium copper and the contact shell is brass - https://www.harwin.com/products/D8864-42/

The following is an alternative way to minimise the heat load transfer to the sensor:
Certain pins on ICX453AQ are repeated i.e. I think there are about 14 pins on the sensor labelled either Gnd or nc.
If all except for one of the pins on the ic socket corresponding to Gnd and NC are trimmed to prevent them connecting to the PCB and drawing heat from the board. The trimmed ic socket pins could then be connected together to the single remaining GND pin on the ic socket connecting into the PCB. The result is one pin connected to the PCB rather than 14.

Tom