View Single Post
Old 13-02-2020, 10:32 AM
Atmos (Colin)
Ultimate Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB View Post
Hi Gary,
Thanks for that. Good to know. I'll have a Look at that option. I may need to consider a larger chip sensor (as the Esprit 100 image circle is 44mm which is larger than the Esprit 80 which is APS-C 33mm)?

I did notice yesterday that First Light Optics specs for the HEQ5 Pro were max 11KG payload for imaging and 15Kg for visual. In Aus HEQ5 Pro max payload is specified to be 13.5KG. I have been under the impression that the max payload for imaging on the HEQ5 Pro was half of the rated max payload of 13.5KG (6.75Kg) but asking around this appears debatable.

Given the Esprit 100 is 6.3KG +Camera 700g + guide scope & camera 600g, filter wheel 400g = payload of 8KG

Chris
Sky Watcher put a max weight rating on it to denote the maximum weight that can be used long term without damaging the mount. With larger heavier weights and VERY well balanced you could put a 20kg telescope on there BUT you risk burning out the motors and damaging other components.

Some would suggest keeping within 50% of that maximum weight limit for imaging because that’s where you’re going to be working at the HEQ5’s optimum. The closer you get to the maximum weight rating the more difficult it becomes. The more attention you have give to correct balance, backlash settings in guiding ect.

Your HEQ5 will comfortably run the Esprit 100.